I use the Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub from Neutrogena, then use the Nicel night renew anti-wrinkle cream alpha hydroxy & aloe at night. In the morning, I use the Oil-Free Acne Wash again, I use the Dermasil Oil Free Retinol Facial Cream with Vitamin A & E, and then I use the OLE HENRIKSEN ultimate lift eye gel.
2. What is your weekly skin care routine?
I use TruSelf ORGANICS Detoxifying Mask.
3. How do you prep your face for makeup?
I do my skincare routine and use foundation primers. The primers I do use are from elf, NYX, and MILANI cosmetics.
4. How do you take off your makeup?
I use the oil-free eye makeup remover from Neutrogena with cotton balls or I use the epielle Argan Oil Cleansing Tissues, then I do the rest of my nightly routine.
5. What are some DIY face masks?
I have tried so many…. I will save this for another time.
6. What are some inexpensive makeup brushes?
MYMAKEUPBRUSHSET is an amazing company! I also have brushes from wet n wild but their makeup brushes are whack to me. The most expensive place that I have bought makeup brushes from is Sephora. And even with their brushes, I’m not that impressed. So basically, shop at mymakeupbrushset. They are not that expensive and you can get the whole set for like $15. I have different brush sets from them and I love all of my brushes. The price depends on what sets you want but its worth it.
7. Do you prefer matte or shimmer eyeshadows?
I really don’t wear eyeshadow a lot but if I had to choose I would say both.
8. Do you prefer matte or dewy skin?
I love both looks honestly. Matte skin is good for the people with excessively oily skin or acne/breakouts. People with this concern usually want to minimize the oil and prefer a matte formula that won’t add more moisture. While, Dewy skin has a young, fresh, and vibrant look to it. It works well on any age including mature skin as it moisturizes and reflects light, softening any fine lines or imperfections. Dewy skin gives the appearance of health and an active life. Plus, it’s sexy! But there is a fine line between dewy and shine.
9. Do you prefer matte or shiny lipstick / lip gloss?
I live for a good matte lipstick so matte it is.
10. Lipstick, Gloss, Lip Stain, Balm, or Lip Liner?
It depends on the outfit, the hair, and the makeup. Everything has to come together to make the look.
11. What type of coverage do you prefer from a foundation?
Right now, I’m into the whole full coverage look. In the past I used the Sephora Foundation but lately I’ve been using the L’OREAL Paris true match foundation. And, I love it. Sometimes I do switch it up, I will use the NARS All Day Luminous or the Naked Skin Urban Decay foundation. The Maybelline New York Dream Liquid Mousse Airbrush Finish and the Revlon PHOTOREADY Airbrush Effect makeup foundation isn’t too bad either.
12. What cosmetic brands you always wanted to try but haven’t?
YSL, Tom Ford, Estee Lauder, Chanel, Giorgio Armani, Makeup Forever, and etc.
13. Do you wear fake lashes?
No, but I do collect them. I am just too scared to put them on myself. I love dodolashes, use my code:IAMCRYSTALEE to get some $$ off your next purchase.
14. What type of product do you buy the most of?
I buy a lot of hair products and skincare products.
15. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I prefer to stick to same skincare routine if it is working for me, but I like to try something new every now and then.
1. DO drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. I know you hear this a million times but trust me, it works wonders. I’m not a water drinker myself, so my skin got affected by it. My skin sometimes look dull and old. And I’m only 20 years old. It is never too late to start taking care of yourself. Drinking water increases energy, helps with weight loss, maintains regularity, boosts immune system, helps with cramps and improves skin complexion. Start with 1 bottle/glass of water and you will soon realize you are drinking up to 8 glasses of water everyday.
2. DON’T forget to remove your makeup. No matter how tired or lazy you are, take that beautiful makeup off. I get it, sometimes you forget or you just look too beautiful to want to clear that pretty face of yours. I use either epielle Argan Oil Cleansing Tissues (Big Lots), D’Nature New York Rose Toner (Coral Square Mall or Sawgrass Mall), eye makeup remover liquid (gift), and Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover (Walmart, Publix, & etc). After I do that, I wash my face with Oil-Free Acne Wash: pink grapefruit foaming scrub Neutrogena (Walmart). But if you are looking to save money then go back to the basics. Use water and soap. It is best to use cold water to tighten up your cuticles and pores. Cold water can “seal” the pores in the skin and scalp too, preventing dirt from getting in. Hot water has the tendency to dry out our skin, try to use warm water. It is important for your skin to breathe.
3. DO take different lipsticks with you every time you travel. A different lip color can totally change your entire look and feel. Sometimes, mascara, eyebrows, and a good lipstick is all you need! My favorite chapstick is Burt’s Bees Strawberry Moisturizing Lip Balm (Publix, Walgreen, & etc). LipLand by Amrezy is heaven. I have the Liquid Lipstick “Empire” which is the perfect shade of brown for me. If you are going for a “natural” fresh look than Empire is definitely the one for you. Even though its matte, it doesn’t dry out your lips. Is it time to feel sexy yet? Red lipsticks is perfect for that sultry, sexy vibe. Try the Kat Von D “Damned” Liquid Matte Lipstick, Colorkillmakeup “Ruby Bling”, Colorkillmakeup “Beep Me” and Colorkillmakeup “Bond Babe” lipsticks. In my opinion, those are amazing shades of red for everyone. Especially for color skin girls. But, if you are not really into lipsticks then try the Sonia Kashuk “Plum Prune 14” lipliner. I’m not really into lip glosses but my go to glosses are LA-LA and CAN-CAN from lucieandpompette cosmetic.
4. DON’T forget to apply sunscreen on your face everyday. Our faces are exposed to the sun daily, we don’t have to be on the beach to be exposed to sun ray. It is important to use sunscreen aka sunblock because it protects you from harmful radiation from the sun, reduces your risk for skin cancer, wrinkles, and sunburns. Sunscreen is important for all skin types! I use the Maybelline New York Dream BB Fresh in replacement of an actual sunscreen. It works the same and is a 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector. Also, the BB Cream contains SPF 30, that nearly blocks 97%. Most sunscreens have moisturizing base, so you can skip applying “regular” moisturizer during the day. However, if you are dry, look for a daytime moisturizer with SPF that is formulated for dry skin.
5. DO have an overnight kit packed at all times. I know packing can be a hassle, but if you keep all your mini beauty products in one place (moisturizer, makeup wipes, facial wash, toothpaste, and etc) you can just grab that kit and go.
6. DON’T overdo your contouring. I’m guilty of this myself. Many women get too excited when they contour their features. But keep in mind that you don’t want to look like you have dirt streaked over your face because you applied too much bronzer or didn’t blend your contour cream or powder well. If you are a beginner, then watch videos on how to contour. Makeup is to help your features to pop more.
7. DO use styling tools in moderation. Try not to blow-dry your hair or use curling/flat irons every day. The heat from these tool causes damage. Blow drying removes the surface moisture and water that is bound to the hair, which is called water of hydration. The effect of this flash drying is that the hair becomes dry, rigid, and brittle. To keep hair healthy and shiny I would recommend letting your hair air dry and/or do a deep hair mask every once in a while. Don’t towel dry the hair either, this can cause wet hair to break. Heat styling breaks down the hair hydrogen bonds, applying concentrated heat from curling or straightening iron.
8. DON’T be that girl. Keep the light, shadows, and colors as natural as possible. Blend in your makeup and have fun with it.
9. DO match your makeup with your outfit. If you’re wearing something printed and colorful, tone down the bright eyeshadows and crazy lipstick colors. But, if you are wearing something plain like neutral colors then go wild with it. Remember, it is all about balance!
10. DON’T expect to have “perfect” skin all the time. We all experience breakouts, so don’t be too hard on yourself. It is really a matter of using the right products for your skin type. When you get a zit, don’t panic! It will go away eventually. No one have “flawless” skin. Some of us have blemishes, moles, freckles, and birth marks. But, that is okay. We are blessed to try many different skincare products. Everything takes time, so don’t get discourage when something doesn’t work. Just keep taking care of your mind, body and soul.
As kids, we hated going to the dentist. For me, it was the sharp glistening tools that they were going to use to drill my teeth in that scared me. I did anything to avoid going to the dentist. Even though they were kind and gentle, I still didn’t want to be there. I can’t do pain. What can I say…I’m a pussy, Lol. I have always took care of my teeth. No, I don’t have the perfect smile but my teeth is and still remains white. There is nothing worst than someone that has a beautiful smile but has yellow teeth. Yuck! That is a deal breaker for me. I give thanks to my Dentist, Myself, and to White with Style. I make sure I visit my dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings. Not only that, but I floss everyday…well I try to. I brush my teeth and tongue thoroughly. Now I added White with Style to my morning and night routine. I am part of the White with Style family because they are amazing! They are the perfect fit for me. The customer service is quick and easy. The company have an amazing team and loyal customers. The products are cruelty free, BPA Free, 99.9% Kosher, Gluten Free, Vegan Sensitive Free, and is made in the USA. They products are made with the highest quality ingredients. If your smile is important to you, then head over to White with Style on Instagram. The whitening kits actually does work and is for everyone. You can take it wherever and use it whenever. Remember yellow teeth and bad breath is never in style.
The teeth whitening kits comes with clear and easy instructions. The process doesn’t take long and is pain free. For example, if you are doing your makeup, running errands, cleaning, or doing some Instagram stalking then you can whiten your teeth at the same time. That’s multi-tasking at its finest. You save time and money. Usually, the teeth whitening kits cost about $300 but if you use my code: “CRYSTALEE”, you can get it for ONLY $28! Here is a bonus: White with Style comes in different flavors and have Deals Of The Day. Don’t forget to tag and use #whitewithstyle #whitewithstyleresults #smileinstyle. We want to see you and give love back. Lets change the world one smile at a time.