INTERVIEWED BY CRYSTAL LEE
1. What inspired you to become a model?
” I love being able to work with different photographers to make art come to life. Modeling allows me to travel and to see new place and meet new people while working.
2. What have you learned during this journey?
” I have learned that some days are going to be better than others. Some days you wake up feeling confident and beautiful and other days you don’t feel like getting out of bed. But pushing through it and learning to love yourself through the process is important.
3. What do you define as beauty?
” I define beauty as being confident and loving every inch of yourself. I know it sounds cheesy and I know it’s way harder than it sounds but learning to love yourself, even your scars…that’s beautiful.
4. How do you deal with your own insecurities and what advice can you give other women who have them?
” I embrace them. Most people try to hide their insecurities but I feel like our insecurities are what makes us stand out and be individuals. A model can feel insecure about something that ends up booking her a job. For me, it is my jaw. I have always had a HUGE jaw…and was made fun all through out high school, I mean kids would sing the JAWS theme song when I would walk down the hallway, but as I get older I have learner to embrace it and it ends up being the highlight of some of my photos.
5. What are some of the worst decisions you’d have made, how have they affected you and what did you learn from them?
” Some of my worst decisions were not being honest in certain circumstances and being scared of what people would think. I learned that you can’t make everyone happy but it’s always better to disappoint people with the truth rather than entertain them with a lie.
6. What advice can you give to young women who are interested in following your footsteps?
” I would give them the advice to not follow my footsteps but create their own. Every model has to take a different path to their goals and dreams. But always, always believe in yourself and use people telling you that you can’t do it as fuel to prove them wrong and to do it.
7. What made you decide to do Are You The One? Would you ever do “reality” TV again?
” I decided to do AYTO because it was an opportunity to spend a month in a Hawaii and its an opportunity that not a lot of people get to have. I thought it was going to be ALOT different from it was. At this point, I am not sure “reality” TV is my thing. You have to have a lot of drama in order to keep people entertained, and right now I am really focused on my career and I am trying to separate myself from all the drama.
8. Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? 20 years? What goals do you want to accomplish?
” In ten years I see myself being a published model. I hope to have my first book published within the next couple of years along with appearing in Sports Illustrated. 20 year…oh goodness I would be 43! Probably settled down with a couple of little Julias running around. Overall I want to accomplish happiness, and knowing that I put in a lot of hard work through out my life; while helping a lot of people in the process.
9. Do you have any beauty routines and if so, what are they?
” I have had trouble with my skin in the past so I live by drinking a big glass of warm lemon water right when I wake up and drinking as much water as possible through out the day. Also rubbing coconut oil on my face before going to sleep.
10. Do you have any upcoming events or plans we should watch out for?
” I will be in New York May 19th for my Sports Illustrated casting call so I have a feeling there will be much more to come after that.
11. What keeps you motivated?
” Honestly, my boyfriend Stephen. There are so many days I don’t want to eat healthy or go to the gym but he is always there pushing me to work harder and telling me I can do it.
12. What are some fitness tips you can give to our girls?
” DRINK LOTS OF WATER. I know people say it all the time, but it makes such a different. Also, mix up work out routines and keep things interesting. Even getting up and hiking, or 15 minutes of cardio is better than nothing.
13. What do you think is the most significant barrier to female leadership?
” I think the most significant barrier is each other. There are so many girls that are mean to other girls when they know how hard it is to be a girl. We should just realize that we are a team and that we should be uplifting each other, not trying to be better than one another. More compliments, less criticism.
14. Growing up did you play any sports? If so, can you name them?
” I played softball pretty much from the time I could walk all the way through college.
15. How would you describe yourself in one word?
” Strong. I have been through a lot and I am always working on picking myself up and learning to be better.
16. What are your hobbies? What do you do in your non-work time?
” I love to camp! It has recently become one of my favorite things to do, along with going to the flea market.
17. Does your family and friends support your dream?
” Most of them. I grew up in the south so my family is pretty conservative (especially my grandma) but they are just looking out for me.
18. Are you dating anyone?
” I am…Stephen from my season of AYTO.
19. Name 2 of your guilty pleasures:
” CHOCOLATE and sleeping in.
20. How have being on Are You The One changed your life?
” It has definitely made my private life more public, but it has opened many doors for me and allowed me to meet so many different people.
21. Is there any woman who inspires you? Why?
” Lana Del Rey, she just embraces being unique and embraces being a woman. I love her outlook on life and struggles.
22. Who would you love to collaborate with if you had the opportunity?
” The same as answer 21 lol. I would love to collaborate with Lana Del Rey, she is a woman who has had her own set of struggles with society but is so strong and mysterious at the same time.
23. What is your favorite candy?
” anything covered in chocolate.
24. You have a gorgeous skin. What is your skincare routine?
” I know I have said it many times, but drinking plenty of water and moisturizing with coconut oil at night really does the trick.
25. What was the biggest change you had to make in life?
” Moving from Texas to LA by myself without knowing anyone was very hard, but it was one of the best decisions of my life.
26. You seem like a genuine person with an amazing soul, how can we be friends? Lol
” We can be friends if you have a cute puppy.
27. Name 3 fashion trends that you think shouldn’t come back?
” Overalls, those platform flip-flops that were like six inches tall, and wearing jeans under dresses.
28. What is your favorite beauty product?
” COCONUT OIL for sure.
29. What book has inspired you the most? (OR What is your favorite book?)
” Anything by Ellen Hopkins. She has such a unique writing technique and writes about real life issues rather than some facade love story.
30. Are you friends with anyone from your season or that was on Are You The One?
” I mean obviously Stephen is pretty much my best friend but other than that, I talk to some of the others every once in a while… like Kay or Asaf. I even talk to Cam sometimes.
31. Since being on the show, who have you worked with?
” I have worked with so many different brands like Go Jane, HoneyPunch, Femmebot, Arsenic, and so many more.
32. What is your favorite beauty page/blog?
” Honestly, I don’t really have one. I am much more into fitness blogs like bagsandbunnies.
33. You get compared to Minka Kelly a lot, are you over it now? And, have you met her yet?
” No, if anything it is a major compliment…I have not met her yet but who knows what the future holds.
34. I like your tattoos, how many do you have? And, was there a meaning/story behind them?
” I have three. “Just Breathe” on my ribcage reminding me that when life gets tough to just breathe and remember its going to be okay. An arrow on my side to remind my that life is like an arrow.. you have to be pulled back in order to be shot forward. and an anchor on my ankle because I was eighteen and my friends all paid for it.
Tell us 4 facts about you.
– I am from the south and can make the best buttermilk pie ever.
– I can throw a football better than most guys can
– I will never love anything as much as my dog.
– I can lick my nose