Get the 411 on how to maximize your Zzzs (or fake them) so radiant, dewy-looking skin is yours the second you step out of bed.
1. Stop the party early. All the snacks and sips that give you energy — think sugar, alcohol and caffeine — can keep you up for several hours past your bedtime. Don’t enjoy them late in the day or you risk pulling an all-nighter (and that’s no good for skin).
2. Stay consistent. Keeping the same hours you go to bed and wake up — yes, even on weekends — is key to sleep health.
3. Do some pre-game. Help yourself sleep better by winding yourself down with relaxing activities, like a warm bath, soothing music or a good, old-fashioned book.
4. Go dark. No blackout shades? No worries. A silky sleep mask keeps streets lights, LEDs and more from interrupting your snooze.
5. Nix the tech. TVs, computers, phones and other gadgets that keep you current can also keep you awake. Power down an hour or so before bed so you sleep better.
6. Soothe dry lips. I love applying a nice layer of BURT’S BEES Moisturizing Lip Balm before bed to nourish my pout while asleep.
7. De-puff before you turn down. Help prevent tired-looking eyes from seeing the light of day with The Depuffed Eye Gel. It’s filled with botanicals that decongest puffiness and help you look younger, refreshed and radiant.
8. Spritz on a wake-up call. The instant pick-me-up (even before coffee)? Elevated Hydration Replenishing Mist. It’s hydrating, refreshing and enhanced with botanicals that help wake up the senses.
9. Rise and shine. After I moisturize, I love a little hydrating primer with mica, peony root and hyaluronic acid for plumper-looking skin and a gorgeous glow.