Want budget-friendly buys that help you look (and feel) like a million bucks? Scope my top picks for under $50, plus my favorite tips and tricks for each.
1. Makeup remover wipes. For a fast face mask, press a wipe onto skin and wear for 3 to 5 minutes. This refreshes and rehydrates skin plus feels especially luxe after a long day at the beach.
2. Coffee grounds. Mix a half-cup of coffee grounds with olive oil to make a natural exfoliating scrub. Rub onto arms and legs in a circular motion before showering, then rinse off for smooth skin.
3. Coconut oil. Deep-condition dry ends with an overnight hair mask. Apply 3 to 5 tablespoons, depending on the length of your hair, and wrap up in a t-shirt while you sleep.
4. Apple cider vinegar. Use apple cider vinegar as a face toner to help support a clear complexion. Simply dilute with 2 parts water and dab onto skin with a cotton ball.
5. Lemon. Slice a lemon in half and “juice it” on your elbow to exfoliate and slough off dead skin cells.
6. Brown sugar. For a smoother smooch, make a simple lip scrub with equal parts brown sugar and coconut oil. Exfoliating your lips also creates a smoother base for lipstick to glide onto.
7. Blotting sheets. Put your best (shine-free) face forward by using blotting sheets wherever you have excess oil. In a pinch, use on your part and along your hairline as a dry shampoo stand-in to keep hair from looking greasy.