Today I’ve rounded up 25 of my favorite instant mood boosters in case you’re in need of a little pick-me-up. Sometimes life can be stressful and overwhelming, but I’ve learned that focusing on the little things make a big difference.
1. Take a shower, or hot bath. The warm water relaxes tense muscles and calms your central nervous system. The sound of running water can also be quite calming to people.
2. Go for a walk. Soak up that sunshine and get a boost of Vitamin D.
3. Tick something off your to-do list. It always makes me feel like I’m a little more on top of life.
4. Make your favorite playlist. Fill it with happy, upbeat songs or ones that bring back good memories. This one is currently on repeat.
5. Eat some chocolate. It’s said to make us happy.
6. Bake something. My Pinterest board is literally overflowing with drool-worthy recipes if you’re ever in need.
7. Sweat it out. Release your frustrations and endorphins.
8. Open a window. Let in some light and fresh air. Wallowing in bed is just letting yourself engage in the bad feelings.
9. Organize and clean out your space. This could be your room, desk or both. Even if you’re life isn’t organized, at least your closet will be.
10. Get lost in a really great book.
11. Make a cup of tea. You could even try making it from scratch if you’re feeling extra adventurous.
12. Learn something new. Learning can help us build confidence and a sense of self-efficacy, and fuel our creativity. You have a world of knowledge at your fingertips, don’t waste it in one corner.
13. Try a DIY. It’ll keep your distracted and focus your energy on creativity.
14. Make yourself a smoothie or fruit bowl. Did you know fruit has sugars that can lift your mood? Also the fact you might get an insta-worthy photo out of it wont hurt.
15. Write down things that make you happy. Like a list or make a picture chart. Visuals make me happy.
17. Detox your phone and social medias. Go through and delete anyone who sucks.
18. Buy some fresh flowers. Surround yourself with them. It seriously works.
19. Have a pamper day. Manicures, chocolate, cosy oversized sweaters & a feel good movie. Yes please.
20. Make plans. Whether it be travel or dinner plans, having something to look forward to can raise spirits.
21. Practice breathing and meditation. Used for centuries as a relaxation technique, meditation has been shown to ward off depressive thoughts and anxiety.
22. Do something nice for somebody else. Showing kindness can help us feel better. Small actions— holding the door for the person behind you, sending a
quick love text to a partner or friend, or donating to charity all count.
24. Smile. Even if you don’t feel like it, sometimes moving the muscles in
our face activates chemicals in our brains to lift our moods.
25. Be grateful. Your happiness is only as good as your mindset.