Hello Beauties, The first time I heard about juicing was about 2 years ago. I have tried different foods and beverages but I could never get past the tasting because the smell was just too unbearable for me. I always felt like I was going to be sick. On June 7th, I received the 7 Day Detox from Ultimate Body Tox which includes 6 flavors: Strawberry, Lemon Lime, Sweet & Sour, Peach, Mango and Sangria. I decided to take my second dive into the world of juicing by attempting a 7-day juice cleanse from Ultimate Body Tox. Throughout the cleansing process, I documented what I was feeling and going through just so I could share my experience with all of you lovely B.L.B readers. Without further ado, here is my 7-day detox diary…
The 7 Day Detox is to help jump-start your weight loss journey. The 7 Day Detox is either a 7 or 15 day process depending which one you end up buying. The detox is more flavorful and best consumed cold or slightly frozen so you may choose to refrigerate or freeze the 7 Day Detox drink for 30 minutes or so before consumption. NOTE: Freezing your drink is recommended but not required.
Select one bottle of 7 Day Detox and shake well ( for about 10-15 seconds) then consume the entire 8 ounce bottle. Sip it. Do NOT drink it all at once. To speed up the detox process, consume a glass of water after drinking the 7 Day Detox ( Consuming water is optional). (4) 8oz bottles are to be taken 1 every 48hrs that equates to a 7 day master detox. You can eat while using the detox.
If your tolerance level is up and your body can handle the full 8oz bottle in 24 hours, you can move forward with taking each one every 24hrs. Shake well before each consumption and freeze for a frozen healthy detox. NOTE: It helps with bad breath, bad skin, and body odor.
It is recommended that you consume the 7 Day Detox during whatever time of day you are home with a clear schedule. The detox is deigned to flush toxins from your system, as such you will visit the restroom frequently. Do NOT lay down after you ingest the liquid into your system, it prevents it from working properly.
- I stocked up on fruits, veggies, green tea, water and salad. I weaned myself off junk food and fast food for about 2 weeks to get my body and mind in order.
- I also made sure to get 8 hours of sleep the night before I started my cleanse so I wouldn’t feel tired or groggy.
- I made sure to eat a balance meal and only snack on fruits.
I felt so good after I completed my cleanse even though I couldn’t leave my house for 2 weeks. I even got my mom wanted to try it. I definitely felt cleaner, slimmer and gained a sense of accomplishment.
Pros & Cons:
Now that you’ve read my detox diary, here are some of the good and bad things I learned from my cleanse.
- Cleanses are a bit pricey. If you are trying to pinch your pennies one month, it might not be the time to splurge on a cleanse, which can range anywhere from $30.00 – $70.00 weekly. Ultimate Body Tox is the only place I found that sells affordable products for juice cleanse.
- Cleansing is not a solution for long-term weight loss. If you are looking to shed a few pounds permanently, then a juice cleanse is not the answer. Drinking juice all day might help you to lose some water weight, according to The Huffington Post, but you might gain those pounds back post-cleanse when your body starts retaining calories from solid food again.
- Pain and Vomiting. The constant pain in my stomach like someone is putting needles through me or something isn’t fun at all. The puking didn’t help neither, you would had thought I was pregnant. For me, my experience was diarrhea, stomach cramps, and the feeling of pukation.
( WARNING: EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT WHICH MEANS NOT EVERYONE HAS OR WILL EXPERIENCE WHAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED. SOME PEOPLE HAD A SMOOTH SAILING WEEK. DON’T LET MY EXPERIENCE STOP YOU FROM TRYING THE 7-DAY JUICE CLEANSE).
- I have never felt so hydrated! When I wasn’t drinking one of my juices, I was drinking a ton of water. I made a goal to finish a 1.5 liter bottle of water each day in order to feel full and flush out any extra toxins. This probably has a lot to do with the glow I saw in my skin the next day.
- Cleansing gives your body a rest from digestion, according to Livestrong. Our bodies are used to breaking down and digesting food all day, every day, for years and years. So once in a while, it’s nice to give your body a break by only consuming nutrient-rich fluids. Especially if you are a junk food junkie, a cleanse will help reset your system and flush out tons of toxins. (Just make sure to eat mostly vegan in the days leading up to your cleanse or else you might be in for a pretty harsh change.)
- Lost weight, mood was balanced, good night sleep, ate a balanced nutritionist meal, and flavor was good
- Size. The size of the bottle was perfect especially for someone like me who gets tired of things fast.
- 7 Day Detox Benefits:
Removes old waste and toxins that has accumulated on the stomach lining which prevents weight-loss
Helps clear eczema
Helps with bad breath
Helps bad body odor (from the inside out)
Overall, my juice cleanse was a positive experience for me and I plan on trying it again sometime soon. I think that cleansing for 7 days is plenty of time—I would not suggest doing a longer cleanse because, according to Women’s Health, your body goes into starvation mode after about 4 days. The next time I cleanse, I plan on going to a gentle yoga class or spending a few minutes in a steam room to sweat out additional toxins. But enough about me! Let’s hear what you have to say…
Have you ever tried a juice cleanse? If you have, what was your experience? If not, is it something you would be willing to try?
Leave your stories, reviews, and experiences below. I’d love to see what you guys have to say about “getting juiced!”
**FTC: This post is sponsored. Opinions are 100% my own, of course.