I know many people think Valentine’s Day is a cheesy Hallmark holiday and I always hear the, “I should be loved everyday, not just one day” and I totally agree! Your love with someone should be celebrated everyday, but what about if you are single or away from your loved one? My mom and I always get each other something for Valentine’s Day, it been a tradition since I was 10 years old. This year, not only am I going to keep that tradition alive but I decided to celebrate Valentine’s Day as a day to indulge in bubble baths, face masks, and any other beautifying that I needed! Why not spend a day pampering yourself, you sooooo deserve it!!
Here’s my Vday Agenda:
- First of all, you MUST take a “Me” day! Decide to take it and do everything that makes you happy!
- Spend an hour getting ready (more if possible) look super glamorous, wear something that makes you feel fabulous + your favorite perfume
- Go out with your BFF/girlfriends for a healthy/delicious lunch and make sure you pass by the mall when you finish!
- Buy yourself a gift! I don’t care what anyone thinks, I love buying myself gifts around holidays or when I’ve achieved a goal!
- Hit the Spa! Make sure you get a massage or take a relaxing bath and take your time, read a book, enjoy your down time!
- Try an at home treatment that you’ve been wanting to try!
- Watching a movie, funny romantic movie always make me happy! I love The Proposal, Bridget Jone’s Dairy, 13 going on 30, Hitch, 50 First Dates, 27 Dresses, Pretty Woman, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Nobody’s Fool, Just Wright, Poetic Justice, Love Jones, Love & Basketball, Brown Sugar, The Wood, Beyond the Lights, Last Holiday, Coming to America, About Last Night, Phat Girlz, Jason’s Lyric, Moonlight, She’s Gotta Have It and any movie that celebrates love but still has some humor.
- Remember to set the mood before you sleep! I spray the entire room with chamomile, I make sure the temperature is perfect, then I love to fall asleep to thunderstorms! If you have the iPhone, there’s an App called Rain Rain Sleep Sounds that let’s you mix the perfect sleep tone.
I love you guys sooo much!! Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!