Living in Florida feels like summer is here all year round especially when it is hot, humid, and cool like it has been lately. One of the best ways to enjoy summer, which is its own special season according to traditional Chinese medicine, is to embrace the mix of warm and cool weather that’s to come. If you find yourself wishing you were on vacation, use it as an excuse to give yourself an at-home spa day.
This mask was formulated for warmer days to bring a cool, calming energy to the skin. Use it on mild sunburns, as a weekly hydration treatment, and/or when it’s too damn hot to do anything else. Here is a simple beauty solution that can make your skin glow.
DIY Mint & Aloe Face Mask
- 2 teaspoons raw local honey
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
- a spray or a few drops of a rosewater toner
- organic fresh mint leaves (2 to 4 leaves is all you need)
- Bruise and mash up the mint with a mortar and pestle to release the essential oils.
- Stir everything together.
- Apply it all to your face.
- Leave the mask on for 10 to 20 minutes.
Disclaimer: This article is completely based on research, experiments and data available on the internet. However, it is always advised to consult a dermatologist before following any remedy or making changes in your regime.