Magnolia Bakery’s banana pudding is super easy to make
For the vanilla pudding:
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the banana pudding:
- A can of milkmaid
- Half a cup of very cold water
- Your vanilla pudding mix
- Whipping cream
- 3 large bananas
- 2 packets of Maria cookies
- In a medium saucepan, mix the sugar and cornstarch until well combined.
- Gradually, add the milk while stirring to avoid lumps.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook the mixture for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly, until it thickens and begins to boil.
- Once the mixture has thickened, remove the saucepan from the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Pour the pudding into a bowl and cover it with plastic film.
- Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours
- Empty the milk can into a bowl.
- Add half a cup of cold water and stir until together.
- Gather your pudding with the milkmaid and put it in the refrigerator for a while.
- Pour your whipping cream into a bowl and beat it.
- Take your pudding out of the fridge and put it together with the whipped cream.
- In a large bowl, place a layer of the mixture.
- On your first layer add banana slices and pieces of Maria cookies.
- Freeze for an hour and you’re done! Enjoy a little piece of NYC from home.