Taylor Swift’s Chai Cookies Recipe…
Ingredients for Taylor Swift chai cookies:
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- 1/2 cup icing sugar.
- 1 large egg.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- 2 cups flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1 <>/<> teaspoons ginger powder.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice (also called coarse pepper or sweet pepper).
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder.
- 1/8 teaspoon of clove powder.
- A pinch of ground pepper.
Ingredients for the glaze:
- 1 cup icing sugar.
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 3 tablespoons milk or eggnog.
How to prepare them
- Preheat the oven to 176 degrees Celsius and prepare your tray with nonstick patchpaper
- Using a mixer equipped with a popsicle attachment, whisk the butter into a large bowl on medium speed for about 1 minute. Add the vegetable oil. It may not be fully incorporated with butter, but it’s okay.
- Add the granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and all spices. Beat to combine.
- Add the egg and vanilla, beating at medium speed until completely incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt at once with a wooden spoon or mixer on low speed.
- The dough will be soft. Refrigerate for 1 hour or freeze for 15 minutes to make it easier to handle.
- For large cookies, place 2 tablespoons of cookie dough on the baking sheet about 5 centimeters apart. For smaller cookies, use 1 tablespoon for each cookie. Press the dough evenly with your fingers or palm until it is half a centimeter thick.
- Roll each ball into a small bowl of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes for larger cookies or 8 to 10 minutes for smaller cookies.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before transferring them to the racks to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix the frosting ingredients until you get a thick but spreadable consistency. Spread the frosting in the center of each cookie, leaving the edges without frosting (they must be already cold). Sprinkle with some fresh nutmeg if you have it.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.