BLB Advertising Policy
BeautyLeeBar aims to make beauty, health, and wellness related content easily accessible to women. Through our fresh approach and accurate, current, relevant, and actionable content, we intend to inspire and equip women around the world to lead healthier and happier lives.
BeautyLeeBar receives funding from advertisements, affiliate programs, and sponsored content. This income allows us to invest in our employees, website services, and technology to provide a superior experience to our readers. We maintain complete control of the editorial policy and processes and do not allow brands or sponsors to influence our content.
This advertising policy will make it clear to our users what kind of advertising we accept, and what we don’t. Advertising on BeautyLeeBar includes banner and native ads, links, and sponsored content.
1. BeautyLeeBar determines the types of ads displayed.
BeautyLeeBar maintains sole discretion for the types of ads displayed as well as their placement on the website. We reserve the right to cancel, remove, or reject ads at any time and will provide the advertiser prompt notice in such cases, along with the reason.
2. BeautyLeeBar does not endorse any products.
Although we provide links or ads of products on our website, our acceptance of the ad does not indicate that we endorse neither the products or services in question nor the company that manufactures and promotes these products or services.
3. BeautyLeeBar does not accept certain types of ads.
BeautyLeeBar does not accept any ad that is fradulent, deceptive, or offensive. We do not accept ads that fall under the following categories:
Ads that promote or encourage illegal activities, products, or services.
- Ads that contain false or misleading claims.
- Ads that promote hatred of any form, including racism, terrorism, violence, and discrimination against an individual or a group on the basis of age, disability, sex, and sexual orientation.
- Ads that breach third party intellectual property rights.
- Ads endorsing or promoting firearms, weapons, and ammunition.
- Ads promoting gambling, pornography, and related products or services.
Advertisements must clearly identify the advertiser and the product or service being offered. Ads that might be misinterpreted as editorial content will be clearly labeled as advertisements.
4. BeautyLeeBar clearly distinguishes advertisements from editorial content.
All ads on BeautyLeeBar are clearly identified as such. Clicking on an ad will take the user to an advertiser’s website.
5. BeautyLeeBar makes sure the readers do not get confused between sponsored and non-sponsored content.
Brand sponsorships and associations provide financial benefit to BeautyLeeBar. Editorial content that is sponsored by an advertiser is reviewed by our editorial team to ensure it adheres to our editorial policies and guidelines. We ensure that content that is provided by or influenced by a named sponsor is clearly identified as such so that our readers do not confuse sponsored content with BeautyLeeBar’s original editorial content.
The types of sponsored content on BeautyLeeBar are:
- Sponsored Content: This content is created by BeautyLeeBar on a topic that is relevant to an advertiser. BeautyLeeBar exercises sole editorial discretion, and no inputs from the advertiser will be entertained beyond the broad topic area. Sponsored content is labeled in one of the following ways: “Sponsored,” or “Sponsored by.”
- Brand Pages: BeautyLeeBar may host webpages with content created by our advertisers or sponsors. This content is not created by BeautyLeeBar and is not subject to editorial or medical reviews. These pages serve more as a resource for readers and do not indicate any recommendations or endorsements by BeautyLeeBar. Brand pages are labeled: “Sponsored by.”
- Partnered Content: This type of content is created in partnership with a brand/sponsor and may have the brand/sponsor logo on the page or article. The content adheres to BeautyLeeBar’s editorial guidelines and may include products or links to the advertiser’s site. In some cases, the advertiser may direct how a portion of the content needs to be presented. Co-branded content will be labeled with the brand’s/sponsor’s logo and the text: “Created in partnership with BRAND/SPONSOR NAME.”
- Native Ads: Native ads refers to ads or links within the article that link to other content that may direct the users to another BeautyLeeBar article or an advertiser’s, brand’s, or sponsor’s page. In case of the latter two instances, the links will be labeled with “Sponsored,” or “Sponsored by.”
- Social Media Content: BeautyLeeBar may post advertisements and sponsored posts on its social media handles. These advertisements will be labeled “#ad”, “#sponsored”, “#partnerpromotion” or “#partner”.
6. BeautyLeeBar clearly distinguishes affiliate content.
BeautyLeeBar works with products, services, or businesses that are aligned with our mission. The BeautyLeeBar team assessed and evaluates these products, services, and businesses for quality and only presents what is in the best interests of the readers. BeautyLeeBar receives a payment when readers purchase or sign up for the advertised product or service. However, neither is BeautyLeeBar responsible for providing the said products or services nor is the content created or reviewed by our editorial team.
Any partner content will mention the following statement: “BeautyLeeBar and our partners may receive a portion of revenues if you make a purchase through a link on this page.”